Inventory Optimization and Reduction
Inventory optimization and reduction processes identify opportunities for increased inventory management efficiency in your supply chain through analytical modeling and planning process improvement.
- Qualification of inventory for strategic supply chain alternatives
- Assessment of current inventory operations performance
- Service policy development for distribution-intensive industries
- Evaluation and sensitivity analysis of replenishment variables including lead time, variability, frequency and lot size.
- Identification of inventory reduction and service improvement opportunities
- Enhanced confidence in a strategic supply chain design through the quantification of inventory
- Prioritization of initiatives to improve inventory efficiency
- Business case development to drive initiatives
"Since the space is developing and vendor definitions are ever changing. It is difficult for users to differentiate the applications. Either turn to an inventory consulting specialist like St. Onge or consult your existing supply chain platform vendor for advice."
- AMR Research, 2005