Efficiency, speed and responsiveness. Characteristics at the heart of the retail supply chain workflow that are continually challenged by seismic shifts in omni-channel and direct-to-consumer distribution as well as technology advancements, globalization and the ever-evolving consumer expectations and behavior. Channel boundaries are blurring as consumers browse in-store, but price shop competitors online and demand features such as online ordering with in-store pickup and seamless returns across all channels.
To remain competitive, companies must focus on optimization to increase efficiency and apply the right application of automation while also sustaining high levels of quality. The online experience can no longer be a bolt-on to the in-store experience as today’s consumers demand a seamless multi-channel shopping experience.
At St. Onge, we employ an engineering approach to help retail clients of all sizes leverage data and analytics to drive measurable gains across increasingly complex infrastructures. Focused on balancing the needs of today with the goals and growth targets of the future, our team creates and implements strategies that drive measurable results by asking companies to answer critical questions including:
- Do I have the right product ranges to meet growing consumer demands?
- Is my supply chain optimized for home delivery, pick up and in-store sales?
- Am I employing the right omni-channel strategy to meet consumers where they want to shop?
- Am I leveraging the right level of automation across the supply chain to maximize speed and efficiency?
- Do I have the right number of distribution centers in the right places?
- Is my inventory management strategy equipped to handle a seamless on-demand omni-channel shopping experience?
- Is my warehouse strategy optimized for both my brick and mortar and online retail requirements?
- Should I consider growing third-partner logistics partnerships to enhance my capabilities?
- Am I using the right data to make informed decisions about the future?
At St. Onge, we offer a total view of supply chain optimization for retail partners from supply chain strategy and engineering and sales and operations planning to systems and technology integration, third-party logistics optimization and facility design. As independent consultants, our team delivers objective insights that empower our partners to make smart, informed decisions. We leverage data analysis and real-time location system (RTLS) data to execute best-in-class simulation modeling that offers a true picture of the present and scenarios for the future.
Reach out to connect with the team to discuss how we can add value across your infrastructure.