Expanding and changing portfolios, labor shortfalls and rising wages, increases in transportation costs, growing regulations and tariffs – all are contributing to margin pressures for food and beverage manufacturers. In addition, rapidly evolving consumer behavior, growing channel diversity and the influences of the growing eCommerce segment are transforming how manufacturers and distributors must think about inventory and delivery. The ability to maximize economies of scale can no longer be counted on and being competitive requires a strategic approach to holistic supply chain optimization.
At St. Onge, we understand the particular demands of the food and beverage industry and have helped clients around the world combat the increasing headwinds to plan and implement supply chain transformation that drives measurable, positive results.
We know to be successful it takes an engineering approach, informed by data and analytics. As an independent consultant, we offer customized, objective solutions that look across the total supply chain breaking down departmental silos to address the opportunities that will deliver the most impact by helping clients consider:
- Total value optimization across the supply chain infrastructure, logistics, operations and technology
- Inventory optimization through analysis of service levels, delivery times, costs and risks
- Transportation optimization and logistics
- Warehouse and distribution operations planning
- Systems and technology strategy planning, procurement and implementation
- Strategic application of automation leveraging robotics, process automation, etc.
- Sales and operations planning
Our team of world-class engineers has experience working with food and beverage manufacturing companies around the world and delivers unmatched experience across both perishable goods and non-perishable goods manufacturing. We understand the particular facility, transportation and handling needs of the industry and stay at the forefront of regulations impacting today’s producers. We use data, analytics and a proven methodology to guide businesses through supply chain transformation from concept to implementation and can apply the resources to look at the total picture or focus in on a specific aspect.
Reach out to connect with a member of the team to discuss how we can partner to create measurable impact.